Welcome to Wolfenstein Enemy Territory : Legacy - a project that aims to create a fully compatible client and server for the popular online FPS game Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - the best multiplayer game ever.
We consider ourselves as a community of developers and users keeping Wolfenstein Enemy Territory alive and up to date. Many thanks to Splash Damage for their release of the source code, Unvanquished & raedwulf-et (especially Ralph Eastwood) for our code base and ioQuake3 for their patches (especially /dev/humancontroller). Kudos!
Be a part of ET: Legacy¶
Get involved. This is an open-source project so anyone can use the code under the terms of GPL3. We do appreciate any contribution to the project such as patches, suggestions or comments.
Don’t forget to read Frequently Asked Questions before posting.
- bug and security fixes of the GPL code release
- New useful cvars and functions (must read!)
- Translation support of clients
- Client is based on SDL a cross-platform multimedia library
- Linux client sound without any hacks
- Compatibility with almost every 2.60b mod (exception: ET:L server works with ETPro, ET:L client doesn’t)
- Deprecated code removed and ancient dependencies replaced (codebase is lighter by 33%!)
- OGG Vorbis client support (not used for now)
- Some speed optimizations
- Coloured output in the system console (*nix based systems only)
- 128 MB com_hunkmegs default value
- Lua scripting
- UI serverbrowser filters non ET:Legacy compatible servers (ETPro & PB)
- Menu additionals
- Omni-Bot support
- Zinx etpro antiwarp
- Basic ingame translations for czech, danish, dutch, german and polish
- Gametype 6 - map voting
- Vanilla mod bug fixes (callvote exploit fix, remap shader fix, all the fixes from Project: Bugfix ...)
Ready to go listen servers with omni-bot support. Install it. Run it!
git clone git://github.com/etlegacy/etlegacy.git
Enter in Enemy Territory Console:
/connect etlegacy.comOR start Enemy Territory using:
./etl +connect etlegacy.com
ET: Legacy Development:
2D/3D artists wanted
The pipeline for a more modern new graphics ET: Legacy is set and the new renderer requires new asset files to show the full power of new features. 2D/3D artists wanted!
- Lua scripts (04/02/2013 05:42 pm)
ET: Legacy Development (03/02/2012 12:11 am)
ET: Legacy is based on the source code of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory which was released under the GPLv3 license. The main goal of this project is to fix bugs, remove old dependencies and make it playable on all major operating systems while still remaining compatible with the ET 2.60b version and as many of its mods as possible....